Patti and I discuss her latest book Surviving Savannah, how she found a door into this story, the way the Pulaski and its passengers spoke to her, how Friends and Fiction came about and what the group is doing now, the fascinating research she conducted, and much more.
Patti’s 5 recommended reads are:
- Under the Southern Sky by Kristy Woodson Harvey
- The Newcomer by Mary Kay Andrews
- The Summer of Lost and Found by Mary Alice Monroe
- The Forest of Vanishing Stars by Kristen Harmel
- When the Stars Go Dark by Paula McLain